Monday, January 9, 2012

Day #8 - Santa's 12 Days of Christmas

 
Day #8 of my Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is Santa's 12 Days of Christmas from The Prairie Schooler.  I have decided to stitch all 12 Santas on one big piece of fabric.  There is enough room for 3 Santas across and 4 rows down with 4" margins and 1/2" in between.  Each one is 3-1/2" x 5".  The entire finished piece will be 12" x 22" on 28 ct evenweave, stitched 2 over 2.  Linda and Kaye are also stitching these 12 Santas, so we're having a Sunday SAL.

I am so thankful that I received this brand new piece of 28 ct MCG Textiles evenweave in Mushroom color as a RAK from Melissa last summer.  It is just perfect for this project.  Thanks again, Melissa!

I started my cross stitch stash with a big bag of old assorted floss from a yard sale.  With the help of a DMC floss color card (with actual threads) that I bought from someone on Craigslist, I was able to figure out the corresponding DMC colors.  Many of these old embroidery flosses did not have DMC conversions available.  I am happy to be using many of these miscellaneous flosses for this Santa's 12 Days project.  These include old J&P Coats, Peri-Lusta, and Bucilla floss. 

6 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I don't envy you having to sort all that floss!!! Your WIP looks good. I'm doing a SAL with Kaye too. Christmas projects on Wed. Isn't it fun!!

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start. It will look great with all your Santas on.

Unknown said...

That is going to be a really cool piece when it is finished. Good luck with it and I am going to enjoy watching this one grow too!

Niina said...

It looks like it's going to be huge :) Your start looks good and I'm happy too that you can use your old stash!

Kaisievic said...

Great start - Debbie - I really enjoyed stitching mine on Sunday night.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Linda said...

Good start Debbie. That is gonna be big.

Linda