Monday, January 23, 2012

Day #22 - Universal Unity and TUSAL #1

Day #22 of my Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is Universal Unity, a kit from Dimensions Gold Collection.  I actually started this one in 1998 and stitched on it for 6 weeks, then I never touched it again until yesterday. You can see that I started on the gray squirrel next to the deer.  You can see a pic of what it will look like when it's finished on my UCJC 2012 page.

It's time for the first TUSAL with a pic of my new ORT dish for 2012!  I thought this star-shaped heavy glass dish was cuter than my jelly jar from last year.  This has all the floss bits from all my new starts in January.  I'll have to think of a more interesting place to take pics of it for next time!


16 comments:

Katie said...

Love that piece. I'm glad I follow your blog. Every piece you post is just beautiful haha. We share the same taste!

Love your jar. Yeah the taking the photo part is fun.

shazzump said...

I have that very same piece but i havent got as far on mine yet :) looking good

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely ort jar. Great progress on your Dimensions kit.

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely WIP, I'm sure it will be done this year.

Linda said...

Love your ort dish. The animals are awesome. I love it.

Linda

Joysze said...

University looks beautiful!! What a sweet piece. I like you starry ORT jar. :D

CreativeStitch said...

Debbie this is just adorable! Beautiful stitching. You just reminded me to start my TUSAL this year! Mmmm what to use : )

Vicky L said...

Wow the colors are so vibrant!

Shaunterria said...

Hi Debbie! Your ort dish is adorable, and I love the progress you've made so far on Universal Unity...you are so smart to start complete some of the backstitching as you finish parts of the pattern. Saving it all until the end is no fun AT ALL (and you don't need to ask me how I know either lol) Keep up the super stitching!

Ziggyeor said...

Pretty dish and great progress.

Mia said...

Oh I love your TUSAL star :) You gave me an idea of taking my next tusal pic :)
It's nice to pick up a stitching from years back and continue. I sure hope you'll get it ready with UCJC :D

Happy stitching and hugs
Mia

TammyK said...

I love this design Debbie! Such gorgeous colors. One of my favs to "follow"

Kate said...

Beautiful wip. Lovely ort container.

Vilemoo said...

This is a very beautiful picture. I embroidered it herself. Yours Vilemoo.

chrisstitches said...

i don't think i would be able to put this one or the snowman Happy Holidays down....
best wishes

Hely said...

It look wonderful! Great job :)

I also love the little star jar, so cute.