Monday, January 2, 2012

Day #2 - Mr. Mittens

 
Day #2 of my Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is Mr. Mittens, a kit from Janlynn, designed by Alma Lynne.  I am having a Snowman SAL with Linda and Randi on Mondays.  We are all stitching different charts but very similar snowmen.  I was able to stitch this during my work day on company time, since I had nothing to type!  I'm posting this update earlier than usual for me, and now I will stitch on something from my WIPocalypse list.

I got this far on the Harley-Davidson logo and all I have left to do is the black background and border.  That will be easy to do while watching TV, since I won't have to count or change colors.  I bought the orange hand-dyed Aida from Stitchnmomma.

I just got back into cross stitching last year when I made a wedding present for my friend.  Then I was in a car accident and was off work for six months so I had plenty of time for stitching.  I have joined Yahoo groups, Facebook groups, and started following and commenting on lots of blogs.  It has been a very fun year!  Here is a summary of my progress in 2011:  I had 26 finishes, 14 which were gifts, 9 donations to World of Charity Stitching, 5 Christmas ornaments, and 2 pieces for myself.  I am starting out 2012 with 10 WIPs.  I wonder what my summary will look like next year!

10 comments:

Shelley said...

Your H-D logo is lookin' great. The easiest part is to come with all that black.

socialsue said...

Love your snowman!

CJ said...

Mr Mittens is a cutey.

CJ

sharine said...

I love Mr Mittens.

ArtsyFartsy Panda said...

Oh your Mr. Mittens is cuute! :D But I have to admit, it's your banner picture that makes me drool the most. I'm off to singapore in a few weeks to watch Wicked. Can't wait! I've been singing the songs for years but haven't seen the play yet. NOw that it's coming to asia... HA! I'm not gonna miss it. :)

Unknown said...

I am in love with Mr Mittens - LOL! He is darling - I am going to love watching him grow!

Vilemoo said...

wow promises to be a cute snowman.
I Send kisses .

chrisstitches said...

colorful snowman & great start.

Shelleen said...

OHHHH Mr. Mittens is sooo cuuute!

Paisley said...

He's super cute! Love his name too!