Monday, January 16, 2012

Day #15 - Singing the Blues

Day #15 of my Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is Singing the Blues by Little House Needleworks.  I substituted variegated DMC floss instead of using Belle Soie or Crescent Colors as listed in the chart.  The bird didn't turn out the way I expected because I was stitching back and forth in rows.  Do you think I should rip it all out and start over and stitch diagonally instead?  I was also thinking of using variegated green floss for the branches and leaves, instead of leaving everything blue.  I am stitching on 28 ct platinum linen, 2 over 2.

Sunday is the SAL day with Linda and Kaye for Santa's 12 Days of Christmas.  I worked on the pear tree today (partridge to come next).

6 comments:

Sonda said...

If it will bother you a bunch, restitch it! Looking forward to seeing our choice!

Mouse said...

mmmm a difficult one to say there ... if it really bothers you before you get any further re stitch it ... it is a lot more variegated than the belle soie threads .... love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

I'd say the same as mouse if it bothers you frog it and start again, having said that I think its lovely but as there is such a lot more in the variegation thread your using will you get it the way your wanting. I like it myself but this is JMO..I do think the green variagtion would look good to. Love the 12 days of Christmas also

natalysneedle said...

I think the bird looks fine. I always thought this piece would look great in color and would definitely go for green and brown branch and trees. I always vote for making designs your own.

Unknown said...

The Bluebird sampler looks like it is going to be great. Good job on the Santa w/pear tree!

Teresa S. said...

If you re-stitch the blue bird diagonally, won't it have diagonal stripes?
I personally like the overdye look to the bird as-is.

But if it will bug you in the future when you look at it, re-stitch.