Friday, January 11, 2013

Crazy January starts 7-9

Day #7 is Picnic Area by The Prairie Schooler.  I am making this for my friend who loves to go camping.  She always posts a menu of all her planned meals on a tree, so I thought this Picnic Area sign would be a fun way to decorate her campsite!  This is stitched on 14 ct dark green Aida and will be 9" x 7".
Picnic Area
Day #8 is Out for a Ride by Diane Arthurs.  I only stitched the snowman's carrot nose tonight.  This is stitched on 14 ct gold dusted Aida Stardust and will be 10" x 8".
Out for a Ride
Day #9 is Basket of Fruit by Bobbie G. Designs.  I bought this kit many years ago at the Quilt and Craft Show that comes to the Los Angeles Fairgrounds twice a year.  Bobbie G. Designs is one of the few cross stitch booths at the show.  There are 54 different floss colors.  It is stitched on 14 ct ivory Aida and will be 13" x 10".
Basket of Fruit
Last weekend I went for a walk by this lake with my boyfriend.  He lives up in the mountains and I live down here.  Whenever it rains down here, it snows up there.  I took this picture with my phone.

9 comments:

gracie said...

Nice projects and beautiful view of the water and surrounding area.

Stress Less said...

Day 8 is a huge temptation for me. I don't think I've seen it before. It looks really cute!

Unknown said...

Great starts Debbie, really like the aida on the out for a ride. Really bright clear picture to.

Kat said...

Wow Debbie, great projects! I'm sure your friend will just love her present. It's really beautiful where you live.

Katie said...

More great starts! Oh, the lake is gorgeous!

Linda said...

More great starts Debbie. What a beautiful view of the lake.

Linda

Lija Broka said...

Very nice! I wish I can go for a walk there.

Unknown said...

I need some of those qsnap huggers!! :P

Faith... said...

Love the Picnic Area!
The lake looks so peaceful.