Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crazy January starts 19-21

I'm still keeping up with a new start every day!  The rest of the year will be so much fun when I can stitch anything I want.

Day #19 is Yo Ho Ho Ho by Sue Hillis Designs.  It's hard to see, but I started with Santa's white beard in the center of the design.  I also stitched the fur on the cuffs and hem of his coat.  I am stitching it on 14 ct gold dusted Stardust Aida and it will be 4" x 6". You can click on the picture to make it bigger and then maybe you can see my stitches!
Yo Ho Ho Ho
Day #20 is Circle of Songbirds, a kit by Janlynn.  I bought this about 15 years ago and I'm finally starting it now.  I decided to use 28 ct linen instead of the white 14 ct Aida that came in the kit.  The finished size will be a 12" circle, so I need to find a 14" square frame.
Circle of Songbirds
Day #21 is Autumn Heart, a freebie from Anne les Petites Croix.  I am stitching it on 14 ct white Aida and it will be 6" x 5.5".
Autumn Heart
Only 10 more new starts in the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge!  I wonder which one I'll finish first!

24 comments:

Annette-California said...

Weeeee!!! I love seeing your starts:) Yes I did click on your photo and I could see your stitches on Santa. Very pretty fabric I love the sparkly ones. All are wonderful new starts and good progress.
love Annette

Unknown said...

Love the starts, I'm doing an ornament and have just done the white and looks similar amount to yours and I keep looking at it to see if I've actually done anything lol. I really like the Circle of songbirds, thats so pretty. Only 10 more to go and how are you going to decide on what to stitch then...random number generator or some other cool way ? Looking forward to seeing what your first finish will be.

Lisa said...

I did a new start for everyday of January last year and sadly did not complete one of the projects. I wish you every success in getting some completions :-)

Sandie said...

I love the Sue Hillis designs. I really must get some as they make me laugh every time I see them! Good starts.

Cathy said...

A new start every day! How fun! At least you'll never get bored with your stitching!
Cathy

Rhona said...

Great starts! Love the Sue Hillis design.

Claire said...

Great new start.

McKenna C. said...

Everything looks great! I love your freebie!

~McKenna

diamondc said...

I love all your picks to stitch but the Santa is my fav I have never seen this pattern before.
By the way I do wish we had warmer weather like you, we have a balmy -10 degrees today in Minnesota near Minneapolis up north it is colder.
Happy stitching
Catherine

sharine said...

Beautiful new starts.Can't wait to see the final ten:)

CJ said...

Enjoyed lookign over all your starts, that is a big challenge, I's m only brave enough to go after 15 and I still need to get them on my blog.

Happy Stitching.

CJ

Stress Less said...

You are one busy stitcher. I love several of the designs you've chosen and can't wait to see your progress through the year. Do you usually stitch every night? For about how long?

Kate said...

Great starts. Looking forward to seeing your progress on all during the year.

Katy said...

You inspire me with all of your new starts...great job!

Linda said...

Great starts Debbie. I too, like the santa.

Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie! You've got a lot of new starts this year...WOW. I can't do that...need to finish first, lol
I've stitched a couple of those hearts...they work up very nicely.
http://wilhelmina46.blogspot.ca/

Lesleyanne said...

Great new starts.

Lisa said...

Great starts :-)

Anonymous said...

Gosh you are a busy bee! I love those Q-Snap huggers. I ordered one from the US and am waiting on it being delivered, I can't wait to see what fabric I'll get!

Parsley said...

Those will be so fun to finish. Arrrrrrgh! ;-)

Katie said...

Great starts! I love the pretty autumn heart. :)

#HeatherMakes said...

Your Crazy Starts are brilliant! 'See you' at the SAL over the weekend xxxx

http://heathersstitchingstory.blogspot.co.uk/

Rosemary said...

Pirate Santa made me smile, that's going to be so cute. I love that Autumn heart and yes, love birds too. These are going to be fun to watch grow as they emerge from your needle!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous projects. I like the pirate Santa.