Thursday, January 17, 2013

Boo! Club - Spooky is finished!

Linda and I started stitching the 12 designs in the Boo! Club series by Lizzie Kate last year and never touched them again after the first day.  Now we joined Lesleyanne and Angela in a SAL so we'll try to finish one part each month. Hurray!  I finished the first design, Spooky.  I am stitching all 12 designs together on 28 ct Prairie Grain linen.  The finished size will be 5-1/2" x 24".
Boo! Club (Spooky) - FINISHED!
"Spooky"
Boo! Club series
Lizzie Kate
Started 2/4/2012, Finished 1/17/2013

Linda and I also started Singing the Blues by Little House Needleworks last January and didn't touch it again after the first day.  Now we're having a SAL by stitching this design on Mondays.  I'm using DMC 91 blue variegated floss on 28 ct Platinum linen.  The finished size will be 6" x 6".
Singing the Blues update #1
Even though I'm still starting a new project everyday, I haven't forgotten about my starts from last year!  I'm happy to stitch on something new and something old everyday.  I told my boyfriend that I'm a "manic stitcher."  LOL.  I hope my stitchy bug doesn't wear off anytime soon!

We had a few unusually cold days here in Sunny Southern California, but now the weather is back to normal!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Great job on both pieces Debbie. I think on Singing, I am going to use a blue/brown over dye from Victorian Motto for the letters. Spooky looks good.

Linda

Unknown said...

Well done on the finish, its looking great, are you doing them in a row going down ? The singing piece looks great also and I do hope your bug stays put...mine wandered off last summer and was near Christmas when it returned, not good !

Katy said...

Awesome job!

Unknown said...

Love your Lizzie Kate a couple of years ago I stitched the series on a banner material - just haven't finished it into a bellpull yet.

I love the color floss you are using on the second piece.

Lesleyanne said...

A great finish on your first block of boo club. Singing the blues is looking great too.

Lija Broka said...

Well done on your first instalment. Before you know it you will complete the 12th.

Rosemary said...

Look at that nice weather, we finally got the sun back after soooo long away. It's wonderful.

Your projects are always cool; I love that Lizzie Kate and the Singing the Blues is going to be great.

Finally got back to stitching, and I really want to finish the Sunday SAL of the Prairie Schoolers as I dropped the ball.

Katie said...

Spooky and Singing the Blues both look great! Love the pretty blue, and Lizzie Kate designs are so cute! <3