Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crazy January starts 13-15

Well, I'm halfway through the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge!  Some stitchers start 15 new designs for the first 15 days of January, but I'll do it all month long!

Day #13 is Christmas Ark by The Prairie Schooler.  The chart gives the option of stitching Santa or Noah, and I chose Noah.  I finished half of one wave, from the center to the left edge.  I'm stitching on 18 ct Pale Delft Blue Aida and the finished size will be 11" x 8.5".
Christmas Ark
Day #14 is Vinney Reindeer by Fresh Threads Studio.  The red blob is an ornament. There will be three ornaments hanging from his antlers.  It is stitched on 18 ct hand-dyed Aida in a greenish-bluish color with sparkles and will be 3" x 3-1/4".
Vinney Reindeer
Day #15 is Majestic Eagle, a kit by Sunset that I bought 14 years ago.  My son picked it out when he was 14 and now he's 28!  I started with the bald eagle's head.  There are lots of blended floss colors.  It is stitched on 16 ct Dove Grey Aida and will be 16" x 9".
Majestic Eagle
This is also one of my Turtle Trot SAL pieces, so I hope to post updates on it once a month.  It's not the usual bright colors I like to stitch, but I think it will look very realistic.

10 comments:

StitchyDon said...

Your projects are amazing, they are so varied and different. I especially like Rudolph, can't wait to see more of him !!!! I've enjoyed the challenge so much, I'm thinking of doing the Ultimate next year but I'll see how I go this year first!!!!!

Unknown said...

Really like the starts, Vinney Reindeer really is eye catching, the aida is just wonderful and he looks like such a cute character. Looking forward to seeing the eagle grow. I did make the changes myself on the beds of roses sampler, I have to see how the end works out and may need to adjust things on right hand side a bit.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the eagle, i think it's going to be amazing. I think it was a good idea to start with it's head because right from the start you can see something.
Can I ask where you got your q-Snap Huggers from? I've tried to look online but I fear being in the UK I might be out of luck.

Kat said...

Wow Debbie. You're so ambitious. I can barely keep up with the three projects I have going right now.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow a new start for the whole month! I love the fabric of your reindeer!

Linda said...

Great new starts Debbie. You've gotten so much done on each one. Love Vinney and his fabby.

Linda

Annette-California said...

Lovely starts and I especially liked and think what a great place to start on the Prarie Schoolers chart. That way you have a nice alinement for the rest of the designs. You amaze me Debbie. Sometimes it takes me a hour or 2 hunting for the supplies to kit up a project. lol.
love Annette

Unknown said...

Loved how you linked your blog to Facebook -- so excellent, I could buzz right here

I really like your Eagle. I am on my way to check out the rest of your first 15

Faith... said...

You are a brave one to have a new start everyday for the month of January!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

3 lovely starts. I was going to do every day of January but hated starting so many projects.