Monday, January 7, 2013

Crazy January starts 4-6

I used the Random Number Generator to choose my starts each day from my UCJC 2013 page.

Day #4 is Canyon Waterfall by StitchX.  This is a picture of Upper Yosemite Falls.  My boyfriend and I have visited Yosemite National Park twice and hope to go back every year.  It is such a beautiful place.  I am stitching 2 over 1 tent stitch on 25 ct white evenweave.  It has 24 pages and the finished size will be 14" x 10".  I used Cajun Line red fishing line for the gridding.  It was only $5.99 for 300 yards at Bass Pro Shops, which is a much better deal than about $8 for 100 yards of Easy-Count Guideline.
Canyon Waterfall
Day #5 is Beach Babe by Diane Arthurs.  Linda gave me this chart for Christmas since she already stitched it.  She looks like the sister of BBQ Queen, or maybe she's the same woman in a different outfit!  This is stitched on 14 ct white Aida and will be about 6" x 8".
Beach Babe
Day #6 is Candy Cane Christmas by Ursula Michael.  I only stitched a little bit of the bottom of the M.  I'm using 14 ct Aida, Charles Craft Stardust silver dusted. It's really sparkly but it didn't show up in this picture.  This will be 11" x 8".
Candy Cane Christmas
I bought all the Q-Snap covers from Christine's Q-Snap Huggies.

10 comments:

Linda said...

More great starts Debbie. I love Canyon Waterfall. Can't wait until we can work on Candy Cane Christmas.

Linda

sharine said...

You have the best taste in charts. I love seeing your new starts:)

Unknown said...

Love your new starts - especially the Yosemite piece. That is one of my favorite places in the country.

EvalinaMaria said...

All of them look lovely but my favorite is the #5, the Beach Babe!

Monique said...

As always such cheerful designs. I look forward to seeing the waterfall progress.

Katy said...

Great job, can't wait to watch the progress!

Lesleyanne said...

More great starts. Can't wait to see your progress.

Unknown said...

Great starts Debbie and Beach Babe will look great with BBQ Queen.

Kat said...

Beautiful new starts! I especially like Canyon Waterfall.

Mia said...

Your stitchings look great!
And I love those Q-Snap covers - I'd need some too :)

Happy stitching!
Hugs,
Mia