Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crazy January starts 22-24

Only one more week of January to start something new everyday!  Then I'll have a fun year of stitching all these, plus the WIPs from 2012!

Day #22 is Black Cat Alphabet by Isabelle Haccourt Vautier, a freebie chart I found HERE.  The cat is missing a leg!  I stitched the fourth leg twice and ripped it out twice because it looked funny.  Oh well!  I like these simple designs when I can choose any floss and any fabric.  I'm blending black and DMC 53, steel gray variegated floss on 14 ct orange hand-dyed Aida.  The finished size will be 8" x 3.5".
Black Cat Alphabet
Day #23 is Cut Thru' Igloo by Amanda Loverseed from Bothy Threads.  I bought the pages torn out of a cross stitch magazine, the December 2006 issue of UK Cross Stitcher, on eBay in the UK.  You can find this magazine on eBay HERE.  You can also buy the chart with specialty floss HERE.  I'm stitching it on 14 ct hand-dyed lavender Aida and the finished size will be about 9" x 9".
Cut Thru' Igloo
Day #24 is PTP Special Delivery by Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED).  Isn't that a cute baby?  This petit point chart is only 120x120 stitches (small for a HAED).  I am stitching 2 over 1, full crosses on 22 ct white Hardanger fabric, so it will be 5.5" square.
PTP Special Delivery
My daughter took these pics with her cell phone yesterday of our cats, Billy, Blueberrie, and Bubbles:
 

18 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Great new starts. Love the pictures of your cats.

sharine said...

Love all your new starts.The cats are very cute:)

Unknown said...

More great starts Debbie and I really like that oragne fabric for the cat, that is going to look amazing!

gracie said...

Nice starts and the kitties are adorable.

Carrie said...

More great starts! And your kitties are so adorable! I have three cats too!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Lovely new starts and gorgeous kitties!
Happy weekend.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Great starts. Will enjoy watching your progress.

Kat said...

Ooh. That Kitty is going to look great on that orange fabric!

Adrienne said...

Hard to believe ou're doing the UCJC again! But all of your starts have been wonderful. I can't wait to cheer you on this year.

Unknown said...

More great starts! Where do you get all your different colored aida?

Unknown said...

Lots of great stitching going on! Your kitties are cute...the third one is my favorite...

McKenna C. said...

Great starts! You made a lot of progress on each one!

Your kitties are so cute! I love their names!

~McKenna

Linda said...

You got alot done on all your new starts Debbie. I really like the igloo. Your furbabies are adorable.

Linda

Stress Less said...

Wow you have so many great starts! I'm looking forward to following the progress.

Sue said...

oh darn..i just found this site and this challenge...is it too late to start...cant I start two a day until I get the 31 started and go from there?????

Parsley said...

Great starts and LOVE THE CATS,

Katie said...

More wonderful starts! I'm looking forward to the HAED coming together. :) Ahhhh, cute kitties!!! I wish I wasn't allergic to them.. but I can still look at pictures! :)

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...

สล็อตทดลองเล่น

สำหรับในคาสิโนแล้วตู้สล็อตถือได้ว่าเป็นจุดรวมของนักเดิมพันและถือเป็นเกมที่สามารถเรียกลูกค้าได้เป็นอย่างดี ซึ่งสาเหตุที่ตู้สล็อตเป็นที่นิยมของเหล่านักพนันนั่นก็เพราะเป็นเกมที่เล่นง่าย และใช้ทุนในการเล่นน้อย จึงทำให้เล่นได้นาน อีกทั้งยังเป็นเกมที่ไม่ต้องใช้ความคิดมากนัก จึงทำให้ในระหว่างที่เล่นเกมผู้เล่นจะได้รับทั้งความสนุก และร่วมลุ้นเงินรางวัลและโบนัสต่าง ๆ ไปในตัวอีกด้วย