Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crazy January starts 10-12

I'm still having fun using the Random Number Generator to choose a new start each day from my UCJC 2013 page!

Day #10 is Fall Welcome, an Imaginating chart by Diane Arthurs.  I started with one of the pumpkins.  It is stitched on 14 ct Lambswool Aida and will be about 4" x 15".
Fall Welcome
Day #11 is Halloween Happiness, an Imaginating chart by Sandra Cozzolino.  I stitched the dark part of the moon.  It will be 3.5" x 11.5" on 18 ct Davos fabric. I don't know the color name, some kind of brown.
Halloween Happiness
Day #12 is Hamburger & French Fries from the Incredible Edibles designs.  I started stitching the top and bottom bun on a Charles Craft huck towel with a 14 ct Aida insert.  I might give this away as a gift.  It all depends if I fall in love with it or not!  LOL
Incredible Edibles (Hamburger & French Fries)
I bought an 11" x 14" red metal frame at Joann's for So Many Tools.  I didn't want to get something too big with a mat.  Red is my dad's favorite color!
So Many Tools - FRAMED!
Happy Birthday, Dad!

18 comments:

Kat said...

Awww... Your Dad looks great with his new cross stitch Debbie. I love all your new starts too.

sharine said...

The red really sets it of! Great new starts:)

Lulu said...

I love your Halloween starts and the frame you chose for so little tools complements your stitching really well :)

Vilemoo said...

Dear Debbie.
Your Halloween pictures are pretty!
Dad has a wonderful gift!
Kisses Agata.

Annette-California said...

Oh Debbie what a great photo of your dad with his sampler. Fantastic frame - PERFECT:) Always a treasure of eye candy/stitching to read your delightful blog. love Annette

Lesleyanne said...

Great new starts. Your Dad's gift looks great.

Monique said...

I am glad that its done. I am going to miss seeing updates on it though.

gracie said...

Nice to see the finish for Tools...great job and the frame looks just right. Happy Birthday Dad!

Annie said...

Your dad is SO cute! The red frame is perfect. It was fun watching your progress on Tools, and it's nice that it made it to it's home with your dad!

Unknown said...

Great starts, I really like the look of the Fall Welcome. Great job on the framing. I think the metal frame sets it off along with its colour.

Teresa S. said...

So Many Tools is just perfect for your dad. And love that red frame on it too!

Unknown said...

Tools look terrific in red! Your Dad looks pleased with your work - whoo hooo! Many new cool starts - do you do the random pick all year, or how will you choose your projects come February and beyond?

Linda said...

You did a great job on tools Debbie. The red frame is just perfect and your dad looks pleased. Love your new starts.

Linda

Shebafudge said...

Looks great. Your dad looks pleased xx

Lija Broka said...

The tools are great! Well done.

Katie said...

Great finish for So Many Tools! The red frame looks great with it. :)

Faith... said...

That red frame looks great on So Many Tools! I am glad your dad liked it. You have a lot of great new starts there - love the Halloween one!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Three Lovely starts and so many tools looks stunning framed! Great choice with the red kinda like a tool box.