Monday, February 10, 2014

Turtle Trot SAL - February

Claudette of BAP Attack is hosting the Turtle Trot SAL, where we choose 10 WIPs and post before & after progress pics on the 10th of every month.  I only stitched on 7 of the 10.  Hopefully I'll have updates on all 10 of them next time! Here is my progress since last month:

Stained Glass Nativity:  I almost finished all the black outlining in the third panel. This is a needlepoint design that I started in 1980.
Stained Glass Nativity (before)
Stained Glass Nativity update #5
Harley-Davidson:  I stitched more on the tank and started the handlebars.
Harley-Davidson (before)
Harley-Davidson update #2
Flaming June:  It doesn't look like much, but I did about 150 stitches in the water, still on page 1.  This is tent stitch, 2 over 1 on 25 ct.
Flaming June (before)
Flaming June update #7
Thankful Critters:  I filled in the letter "G" but the backstitching isn't done yet.
Thankful Critters (before)
Thankful Critters update #10
Majestic Eagle:  I finished the wing but no backstitching yet.  Almost every color is tweeded (2 different color strands).
Majestic Eagle (before)
Majestic Eagle update #7
Orange Poppies:  I did about 250 more stitches in this poppy.  There are 12 more poppies to go in this big picture by Thea Gouverneur.  This will be about 18" square on 18 ct black Aida.
Orange Poppies (before)
Orange Poppies update #5
Canyon Waterfall:  I stitched a lot more black in the trees.  It doesn't look like much, but it was more than 260 stitches.  I'm doing tent stitch with 2 strands over 1 on 25 ct.  I took out the grid lines because they were bugging me.
Canyon Waterfall (before)
Canyon Waterfall update #4
My next update on these 10 WIPs will be on March 10.  Every little stitch is a tiny bit closer to a finish!

All the Q-snap covers are from Christine's Q-Snap Huggies.

27 comments:

StitchyDon said...

Great progress !!!!

Claudette497 said...

You'll have Nativity finished in no time! great progress on everything else!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Holy Smokes! You are going gangbusters!

Linda said...

Awesome progress on all of them Debbie. The eagle looks wonderful. I can see a big difference in Canyon Waterfall.

Linda

Lulu said...

Wow great progress!

Katie said...

Great progress on each one. Can't wait to see each month.

Unknown said...

OMG! So many progresses! How can you do this???

Congrats!

Annette-California said...

WOW Debbie! I really looked at every photo of your before and after - Fantastic progress. You soooo inspire me.
love Annette

Preeti said...

Great progress on all of them, Debbie!! :)
How do you find stitching on black aida? For me, it might be difficult. It is perfect background for your orange poppies.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

You made lots of progress this past month, not to mention your stitching "over one" and your black ground! Can't wait to see how these grow, and I'll be looking for 99 next month!

Stitching Noni said...

Well done! 7 out of 10 projects is pretty good I say! Brilliant :o)

Tama said...

These are awesome! Congrats on your progress :D

Anonymous said...

great progress ♥

Julie said...

Lots of lovely progress Debbie, the nativity is looking super.

Pat said...

Wow, you made great progress!

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress on your wips (:

CJ said...

Debbie

They look great. I love your Nativity.

CJ

Giovanna said...

That's lots of progress for a month, well done.

Emma/Itzy said...

Great progress and seven out of ten is great!

Unknown said...

I think 7 out of 10 is great!
Love your work. Thanks for posting the QSnap Huggies link again, was just looking for it.

Teresa S. said...

Love seeing your progress on the nativity piece!

~ Toni ~ said...

Great job on all of your pieces. I love how tweeding gives a blended look to stitching. Looking forward to seeing your next update, Happy Stitching!!

Wendy said...

such a variety of projects! You seem to have done loads

Virpi said...

What a lovely variety of projects you have stitched. Thanks for the travelling pattern. I will start it next weekend.

Teresa said...

That stained class nativity is beautiful. All your stitchery is wonderful. I so love to surf the Internet looking at other peoples' projects.

Thanks for posting.

Teresa

Vicky L said...

Wow! You have been stitching alot. I love the eagle. Is the pattern from Dimensions? Everything looks great!

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...

สล็อต ฟรีเครดิต ไม่ต้องฝาก ต้องแชร์ ถอนได้ 2020

โปร่งใส มั่นคง เว็บตรง พร้อมบริการ ล้านเปอร์เซ็นต์
ฝาก-ถอน ด้วยระบบAUTO เริ่มต้นที่1บาท ก็เล่นได้