Monday, February 3, 2014

Crazy January start #30

Day #30 of the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is The Boys are Back in Town from Just Another Button Company.  I used DMC variegated floss instead of the Weeks Dye Works, Gentle Art, and Crescent Colours floss listed in the pattern.  I really need to practice stitching with variegated floss, since I'm not too excited with how this looks right now!  LOL.  This has 8 buttons from JABC for the mummy, vampire, and monster heads, a bat, owl, skull, spider, and pumpkin.  I'm stitching on dark gray 14 ct Aida and it will be about 7" x 5".
The Boys are Back in Town
I pulled out another Halloween design from my WIPocalypse list, Halloween Happiness, an Imaginating chart.  I haven't touched this one since the first day when I started it last January. Today I stitched part of the white moon.  This is on 18 ct brown Davos fabric.
Halloween Happiness update #1
I also finished the January ornament for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL.  It's not finished-finished yet.  I just folded the fabric to see how it will look whenever I try to make it into an ornament some day.
Skeleton - FINISHED!
"Skeleton"
Sheena Rogers Designs
October 2012 newsletter
14 ct black Aida
Started 2/2/2014, Finished 2/2/2014

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

great new starts, love your finish :)

sharine said...

Spook-tacular!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Halloween in January hee hee looks good !!

Brigitte said...

A greaqt Halloween-y finish!

Cathy said...

I had so much fun looking thru your blog at all of your projects. I will definitely be back to check your progress!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Love the Ornament ;)
And I have seen the first WIP all finished up at my LNS...it is cute as a button!

Katie said...

I love Halloween. Two great starts. Wohoo on the finish! Too cute.

I like stitching with those special threads except for the cost. They sure look pretty though.

Giovanna said...

Cute ornament! And great WIPs too.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute ornament finish Debbie. Great new start and I think the color looks fine. Nice progress on Halloween Happiness.

Linda

Vicky L said...

Halloween pieces look wonderful. You are doing great on the variegated threads. Congrat on your finish!

Julie said...

Just having a blog reading catch up session, you've posted lots since I was last here. Great choices but I love the beach babe and the towels. The printed one is so colourful too.
Happy Stitching!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous new starts and finish. Love the variegated thread.