Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cross stitching for my son!

Ooops!  My son looked at my blog and saw a preview of future gifts coming his way! He sent me this email:
"You have some awesome WIPs that you are trying to keep secret!! I like the Milla one! very surprised. I will be happy when you finish some and I get to keep decorating."
He was referring to this picture of Milla Jovovich, the actress who played Alice from Resident Evil.

I kept stitching and stitching until I finally saw her looking back at me.  It's weird that she has gray in her face but I suppose it will look good from a distance!
Alice from Resident Evil update #1
Alice from Resident Evil update #1
I'm also making The IT Crowd for him to put in his office cubicle at work.  I finished stitching the words.  There will be a guy standing on each side and a border all around.
The IT Crowd update #2
He bought me a souvenir cross stitch kit last year from San Antonio, Texas, and wrote:
"100 WIPs and no Remember the Alamo??? come on now. add it as a bonus for January 32nd"
So of course, how could I resist?  I started this new one, Remember the Alamo.  It is on 18 ct tan Aida and will be 8" x 2".
Remember the Alamo
He's a new Texas resident and I visited him last year and saw the Alamo!

It's so nice that he appreciates my cross stitch gifts!  This is the first one I made for him when he was a teenager and he still has it up in his bedroom:
Test Prayer
I also made him Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Perpetual Mario and Luigi playing Nintendo!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Perpetual Mario & Luigi
All's Good in the Hood was a gift to decorate his new home in Texas.
All's Good in the Hood
Oh how nice!  I just realized that I stitched him something every year in 2011, 2012, and 2013.  So now I'll get back to stitching his present for 2014.  His 30th birthday is coming up!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, some great projects for your son!
Looking forward to seeing them grow (:

Linda said...

Wonderful stitching gifts for your son. Your so lucky to have a child that loves your stitching and will display it.

Linda

Justine said...

How lovely to know your work is appreciated! The Milla one will be stunning when it's finished. I love the IT crowd saying.

Claudette497 said...

What a good mom you are! It's great that he enjoys your stitching!

Jan said...

Wow! That brings back memories. I saw that 'Test Prayer' on one of the ezboard communities and I never did find out who made it. By now (i.e. 15+ years) it's an OOP for sure. You're lucky to have a son that likes and displays your stitching.

Unknown said...

This is such an awesome thing - Your son enjoys your stitching, and appreciates your gifts...

They are great ones!

Preeti said...

Test prayer is funny :) it's good that your son enjoys displaying cross stitching done by you.

Lisa said...

Great progress, it is always good to see a face appear. I did one some years ago which had light browns and yellows in and I thought this won't work but it did - I am sure yours will too :-)

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely projects for your son. Nice to know he's keeping an eye on you and your projects lol.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Big 'son' is watching you !! the internet is a great place to share but it's rubbish at keeping secrets :) I stitched the IT saying for a colleague at work when I left - I made it into a coaster.

Giovanna said...

What fun projects for your son. Thanks for the Mario and Luigi link, I might have to do that one for my boys... :-)

Katie said...

Great pieces. LOL at your son's comments. The Milla piece is looking great.

Stitching Noni said...

How lovely that your son reads your blog & is a fan of your stitching!! That is really lovely;)
Great designs you have stitched for him:)

Vicky L said...

Wonderful gifts you had stitched for your son. It is great he admires your stitching. You have a good son.

Lindsay said...

You have one lucky son those are some great projects.

I know both my Daughters and my Mum read my blog so I never post pics of gifts for them until they have them so the surprise isn't spoilt

Heather said...

Wow, what a nice mom you are! I hope my son appreciates my cross stitch gifts half as much when he gets older.

Jan Gartlan said...

So fabulous that your son appreciates your stitching. Great to see your current and past projects too

Julie said...

Love the test prayer! How wonderful your son enjoys and supports your hobby, shame your little secret is out though about his gift.

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...

สล็อตxo

ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต จากนั้นจะสามารถเข้าเลือกเกมสล็อตได้ และเลือกอัตราเดิมพันและไลน์การเล่น จากนั้นกด Play หรือ Spin เพื่อรับเงินพร้อมโบนัสมากมายได้เลย