Sunday, February 2, 2014

Crazy January start #29

Day #29 of the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is The Wave, a painting done by William-Adolphe Bouguereau in 1896.  The chart is from Cross Stitch Collectibles.  It has 28 pages and I would be happy to finish one page this year.  My goal was one 10x10 block today, but I am missing one floss color, DMC 157.  There were 10 different colors in this block of sky!  This will be about 20" x 15" on 18 ct off-white Aida.  I don't expect to finish this one any time soon!
The Wave
The confetti in this full-coverage design it just like the sky on Flaming June and Canyon Waterfall, but I didn't choose one of these as the companion WIP.  Instead, I thought the perfect match for this woman on the sand would be Beach Babe by Diane Arthurs!  I started her last January and never touched it again until today when I finished stitching the little blue pouch hanging from her neck with a goldfish on it.  She will be about 6" x 8" on 14 ct white Aida.
Beach Babe update #1


11 comments:

Linda said...

Another great start Debbie. That will be so pretty when done. Love Beach Babe's purse.

Linda

Vicky L said...

Beach Babe is going be adorable! Great start on The Wave. Wow 10 colors in one square!

Bianca said...

The Wave will certainly be beautiful!

CathieJ said...

I just found your blog through WIPocalypse. You have some great WIPs and finishes. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Hello

This is my first visit to your blog.
You have some lovely wips here (:
Have a good week.

Katie said...

The first one looks and sounds like a HAED to me. Very pretty though. I love the 2nd one. Too cute!

KimM said...

WOW! Love it, love it! You continue to amaze….

Beth in IL said...

Love the weather app on the blog. Since it was -14 in IL this am, I was not happy to see your temps.
Love The Wave. It will be beautiful.

Brigitte said...

Hahaha, what a contrast between the two beach ladies, lol.

Unknown said...

These are just perfect Companion WIPs.... I have to say I am thinking I am more like Diane Arthurs Beach Babe but how cool would it be the Babe waiting for the Wave...

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...

สล็อตทดลองเล่น

เครื่องสล็อตรุ่นแรกถูกสร้างขึ้นโดย ชาลส์ เฟย์ วิศวกรชาวเยอรมัน โดยประกอบด้วยวงล้อ 3 วง และมีสัญลักษณ์ 5 แบบคือ รูปเกือกม้า , เพชร , โพธิ์ดำ , หัวใจ และ ระฆัง และถูกตั้งชื่อว่า “Liberty Bell” ตามชื่อสัญลักษณ์รูประฆังเสรีภาพ ที่เป็นสัญลักษณ์ของการประกาศอิสรภาพของสหรัฐอเมริกา