Thursday, February 27, 2014

Stitch From Stash February

Stitch From Stash Group 2014
Mel from Epic Stitching started a Stitch From Stash group to encourage us to stay on a budget of less than $25 per month for cross stitching.  Click the link to see the list of blogs that are participating.

I didn't spend any in January, so I get to carry over $25 for a total budget of $50 this month.  Here is my check-in for February:

Amount Spent:  $26.00
$3 - package of 2 Mill Hill leaf charms (needed one to finish Woodland Splendor)
$8 - Baby Afghan Cloth for future grandbaby some day (chart picked out from a magazine already!)
$15 - 5 charts from By the Bay Needleart Winter Holiday Sale (Santa at the Lake, Mystic Island, Mermaids Summer Night Part 1&2, Mermaids Wedding Sampler)
New Starts from Stash:  Believe, Boo-gie Fever, Best of Friends, Easter Egg Towel, The Sorceress, Santa's Cuisine, Heaven and Nature Sampler, The Wave, The Boys are Back in Town, Skeleton, Christmas Tree, Remember the Alamo, Smiley Face Dracula.

WIPs or UFOs worked on: Skel on Bike, Ring Around the Rosie, Hamburger and French Fries, The Sorcerer, Yo Ho Ho Ho, Picnic Area, Beach Babe, Life's A Stitch, Halloween Happiness, Uber Christmas Tree, Mary's Sampler II, Thankful Critters, Harley-Davidson, Majestic Eagle, Canyon Waterfall, Stained Glass Nativity, Orange Poppies, Flaming June, Cut Thru' North Pole House, Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Day 5), Fall Welcome, Universal Unity, Santa Hang-Up, La Pensée Positive, Hungarian Peacock Sampler, Alice from Resident Evil, The IT Crowd, Woodland Splendor, Stained Glass Nativity, Very Scary, Boo! Club (Fright), Merci, Leo.

Finishes:  Life's A Stitch, Skeleton, Mary's Sampler II, Woodland Splendor, Merci, Smiley Face Dracula.

What I was tempted to buy but didn't buy this month:
Pretty Little City charts from SatsumaStreet on Etsy
The Wizard of Oz - PDF Digital Cross Stitch Pattern - Fairytale Series
The Wizard of Oz chart from LittleStitcherShop on Etsy
Jeff Gordon Car.jpg
Jeff Gordon NASCAR 24 Car cross stitch pattern
Now I wish I had taken advantage of the free splurge weekend, when our purchases didn't count!  Next time I'll definitely get the Wizard of Oz and Jeff Gordon charts!

16 comments:

Justine said...

Wow, now that is what I call organised! Buying a baby afghan for a baby blanket for a future grandchild? I wish you hadn't posted the Wizard of Oz chart as I'm lusting after it now. So gorgeous!

Teresa S. said...

Still love seeing what you DIDN"T buy!!

stitchersanon said...

I didnt think I could take part cus as a new designer I need to buy stuff but it sounds very doable! Well done for resisting temptation...there is oh so much of it around lol

Keebles said...

I've oggled those Pretty Little City charts (especially the London) one myself...I love that whole Mary Blair look! Granted, I much prefer Marc Davis, but unless I chart something up myself, it might be hard to find a Davis-inspired chart out there! Disney geeks of the world must unite and demand more Disney cross stitches for something other than the "standard" characters (although ain't nothin wrong with a bit'o duck!). Some of the backgrounds alone from Sleeping Beauty would make beautiful stitch patterns.

StitchyDon said...

I don't know how you resisted those city charts, they are gorgeous !!!! Congrats on staying in budget, and you have worked on lots this month. I especially loved that Dracula design, he was a cutie !!!

Lija Broka said...

Well done on your self restraint! I have sadly taken advantage of the splurge weekend ... and by bank account is not too healthy at the moment. You know what worse as soon as I had my report done ... I went and spent more money (but more on that in the next month's report).

It always shocks me to see how many projects you have worked on! Well done on the finishes! I like the Wizard of Oz chart, but not too fond of cars (won't catch me stitching them).

Rhona said...

Heehee...you are so good not buying those charts, not sure if I could have been as good!!!

Tricia T said...

How fun to see your "did not buy" list! I love having that list on my blog each month. I can look back and see the ones that still call my name and the ones that I don't like quite as much. : )

Tricia

Vicky L said...

You did great! The price for the afghan is fantastic! I really like the Wizard of Oz pattern.

Annette-California said...

Great shopping! Love all your new charts from Needle By the Bay. And the afghan was a wonderful buy. I too enjoyed seeing your did not buy list:) Good job Debbie!
love Annette

Anonymous said...

You did very well - well done for avoiding the temptation of those lovely charts!
Happy weekend (:

KimM said...

Well done. Wish I could say the same for my February budget (or lack thereof) ;0)

Brigitte said...

Great, how you were doing with the Challenge. What you bought was wisely chosen - love these By the Bay charts, they are worth spending your budget on.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow Debbie...your needles have been smoking...good for you....it is always nice to see what people have been stitching from their stash, new starts, and finishes....I like the way you did that.

Keep on a stitchin....

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Kelly aka STITCHNMOMMA said...

Stitch from Stash...what a great idea! Too bad I missed the sign up for 2014. I'll have to keep my eye out in case there is one in 2015.

I also love the Satsuma Street patterns. I have a couple that have been added to my favorites on Etsy and I'm sure at least one will soon find it's way into my stash. :)

Julie said...

Well done Debbie. The Wizard of Oz charts are perfect for you, you got to get them with your savings.