Thursday, June 13, 2013

Turtle Trot SAL - June

Check out the Turtle Trot SAL started by Claudette from BAP Attack.  We stitch at a turtle's pace and hope to eventually get to a finish!  Here is my progress on five of my WIPs.  You can click on the picture to see it bigger.

Stained Glass Nativity:  I finally picked up this old needlepoint project and stitched more black outlining in the third panel.  I'm amazed that the yarn hasn't rotted away, since I started this in 1980!  LOL.
(before) 
Stained Glass Nativity update #3
Universal Unity:  I finished the tiger's neck and started one of his front legs.
(before)
Universal Unity update #9
The Sorcerer:  I stitched a few tan stitches in the center of his cloak.  When I finish this one, I would like to start The Sorceress, and frame them both together!
(before)
The Sorcerer update #5
Merry Christmas:  I added the letter "r" to Christmas.  This design is from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.  I'm using DMC 115, variegated garnet.
(before)
Merry Christmas update #4
Majestic Eagle:  I added more onto the eagle's wing.  Most of the colors are tweeded, using 2 different colors of floss together.
(before)
Majestic Eagle update #4
Happy Stitching, everyone!

21 comments:

Christiane Garcia said...

What amazing work!
Cross stitch charts do not go out of fashion ... I could never imagine that her embroidery had started in the 80s ... All are really beautiful! Kisses

Anonymous said...

beautiful stitches!

Unknown said...

That nativity set is beautiful... all your stitching is marvelous!

Teresa S. said...

I love seeing your work on the nativity! Pretty soon it will be finished, like mine :)

Stitching Noni said...

That's the good thing about cross stitch.. It doesn't go off!! The stained glass is gorgeous :)
Great progress on all the WIP's :)

Preeti said...

Good progress, Debbie!!:) universal unity and Majestic eagle are my favourites.
This month I don't have an update to show.

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your turtle projects.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching, they all look great.

Sue said...

Great progress, Debbie! :) So happy to see that we are both working on these 'old' projects.

Annette-California said...

WOW 1980 project - lol. Good for you:) Great progress on all your pretty wips. love Annette

Lulu said...

Beautiful progress!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching x

Pat said...

Lookin' Good :0)

Heather said...

Great progress.

I really like the nativity design. Even though it is from the 80s, it still looks fresh and modern. It will be really sharp when you're finished.

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh wow, I don't know how you do it, they are all fabulous.

K x

Susan said...

Great progress on everything. Hard pressed to pick a favorite.

Linda said...

You have such good progress on all of them Debbie. My favorite is the eagle.

Linda

Deb said...

Golly, I love your work. Such beautiful projects and a wide range of subjects!

Grit said...

Great progress. So beautiful stitching.
grit from Germany

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Congrats on your progress! Your Nativity is really lovely, the colours and shading make it actually look like light is shining through the glass :) It's amazing that you started it so long ago, but good for you for picking it up again! Gives me hope for my own UFOs, LOL ;)

Kaisievic said...

Beautiful stitching, Debbie, and now I know what the Turle Trot means!