Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cut Thru' Igloo update #12 and a new start!

This week I slowly stitched more pink and purple Northern Lights using DMC Light Effects floss.  I have to go very slowly to keep it from twisting and knotting up, but so far, so good!  I hope you can see the sparkles.
Cut Thru' Igloo update #12
We're up to 20 members in the Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Monday SAL now!

My new start is Let's Do Coffee, an Imaginating chart by Ursula Michael.  I won this chart in a giveaway from Regge at You Got Me In Stitches.  I'm stitching on 18 ct Aida, so it will be 7" x 7" square.  I think the color is cream or ecru or off white, and I'm using DMC 3857 (Dark Rosewood) since I didn't have 814.
Let's Do Coffee
This will be a birthday gift for my friend.  Her birthday is in two weeks so I better hurry!

I bought the kitties Q-snap cover from Christine's Q-Snap Huggies.

16 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitching x

Linda said...

Wow Debbie. You got so much done on your new start. You will have it done in no time. If I enlarge the Igloo I can really see the sparkly floss. Looks good.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful progress on all your projects (:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful progress on all your projects (:

KimM said...

How sweet! You GO, Girl!

Vicky L said...

You have a strong start on the coffee. I have the same q-snaps cover but for a 11x11. I like the northern lights too.

sharine said...

Great progress. Good luck with meeting your deadline:)

AJ said...

Nice start to your new project. You should have it done in no time. The northern lights look great. I can't wait to get started on the garden shed. I think I've fallen in love with a new designer.

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress and a lovely new start. I am sure your friend will love it.

Karen K said...

Debbie, Hi, this is coming on great - you certainly can see the sparkles. The lovely Kate from Bothy sent me some thread that I had run out of (my fault not theirs), not only did she send it free but she slipped their current catalogue in - oh I was drooling, so many beautiful kits. I have my eye on "I love my dog" and love the sewing sampler too amongst others. I had to be very firm not to buy anything as I want to finish my cut thru lighthouse first.

Love your new start too - it's gorgeous.

K x

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching!! Coffee project looks cool!!

Giovanna said...

Yeah, I can see the sparkles - great progress :-)

Pat said...

Great progress and I love your new start :0)

Pull the other thread said...

They both look great. Love your new start. Oooh love me some sparkly :)

Susan said...

Both projects look great.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with AdFocus and get money from every visit to your shortened urls.