Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stitching crows, ravens, and bats!

Just for fun, my blog post has a theme today!  I worked on some of my WIPs with crows, ravens, and bats!

I stitched two crows and the tree on the Lizzie*Kate Very Scary Mystery Sampler, then rewarded myself by stitching more crows/ravens/bats on my other WIPs instead!  I'm stitching over 2 on 30 ct Weeks Dye Works Tin Roof linen.
Very Scary (Part 1) update #6
I'm stitching this Edgar Allan Poe inspired design, Quoth the Raven by Kincavel Krosses for my nephew.  This is a free chart.  I finished the word "more" and now all that is left to do is the border.  I'm stitching on 14 ct red Aida.
Quoth the Raven update #3
I stitched the bats on Quaker Moon by Bent Creek.  Isn't this one cute?  I'm stitching over 2 on 28 ct tan linen.
Quaker Moon update #4
There are also some crows flying around Picnic Area by The Prairie Schooler. This is on 14 ct dark green Aida.  The flash makes it seem brighter than it actually is.
Picnic Area update #2
Here are a few more bats on I'll Get You My Pretty by Sue Hillis Designs.  This is a free chart.  I'm stitching over 2 on 32 ct Voodoo Belfast linen by Picture This Plus.
I'll Get You My Pretty update #2
I finished all the backstitching on the top window and stitched the bats on Halloween House.  Check out the Halloween House SAL page!
Halloween House update #35
This sure was fun to get a little bit done on lots of different WIPs.  Happy Stitching, everyone!

19 comments:

sharine said...

Very spooky update. Great progress:)

cucki said...

Super spooky stitches :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress!
Have a good week (:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

All of your WIPs are looking good.
Backstitching makes the Halloween House come alive.

Giovanna said...

They're all lovely - nice going!

Unknown said...

So many BATS you are stitching. Thanks for sharing all your links. Love your Quaker Moon Owl

books4me said...

So many wonderful projects! Love the Voodoo Belfast Linen you're using on I'll Get You My Pretty!

Vicky L said...

I love your update. I love the red fabric for The Raven. Where can I get the chart? I would live to do it for my friend. He loves Edgar Allen Poe.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow Debbie...oh my gosh...your needles has been smoking lately....I just love all of your WIP's...they are all so cute and I love the colors in them.

Oh by the way I love your Q Snap Covers on your Q Snaps...they are so cute.

Linda said...

Love your theme updates Debbie. Such pretty fabric for the Sue Hillis design. Me thinks I should start working on Picnic Area. Maybe after I finish critters and wait for you to catch up. lol

Linda

Shaunterria said...

You know I love me some crows :) Great stitching Debbie, and thank you for sharing the link to the Raven chart. I really like it and I hope to stitch it myself someday.

--shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

Shelly said...

It's like Halloween in June! I'm good for that! Your projects look good, especially Halloween House. Great progress on it. I like the fabric it's being stitched on too!

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your spooky projects.

Monique said...

I love the themed post you do. And what alot of progress as usual.

Preeti said...

Nice stitching !! You are on track to finish it before Halloween.

cheryl said...

Love your theme stitching! It's amazing that you have so many projects with blackbirds and bats.

Deb said...

Oh, I LOVE your Quaker Moon. Have that one in my stash and you are enabling another start! You works are wonderful! Love the fabrics you are stitching. The Lizzie Kate is sooooo cute! Love the progress on your haunted house. Also, and absolutely love that you have different fabric covers for your q snap frames!

Kaisievic said...

That's a great idea as a way to do your stitching for a day.

Jennifer M. said...

Love your Halloween stitching. It looks like you have a gotten an early start this year. Halloween House is looking great. I really need to get mine out and keep working on it. Just need that extra kick of motivation. ;)