Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cut Thru' Igloo update #10

Now there are Christmas presents under the tree!  What a cozy little igloo!
Cut Thru' Igloo update #10
I'm using DMC Light Effects floss for the Northern Lights in lavender and pink, E211 and E818, instead of the Madeira Super Twist listed in the chart.  The E211 is just about the same color as the hand-dyed fabric, but I hope the sparkles will shine through!

Everyone in the Cut Thru' SAL is making great progress!  These are such fun designs.  I'm looking forward to stitching another one after this is finished.

I finally got back to stitching on Santa's 12 Days of Christmas!  This is a SAL with Linda and Kaye that I'm supposed to be stitching every Sunday, but I have missed the last 11 Sundays in a row and haven't touched it since March!  Linda has finished Days 1-4 and Kaye has finished Days 1-3.  I'm about halfway done with Day 4, so we're all pretty close in our progress.

Here is how I left it in March:
Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Day 4) update #4
And here it is today:
Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Day 4) update #5
Santa needs a head and three more birds!

17 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress on both pieces Debbie. The Igloo looks great. It should go a lot faster now that the igloo part is done. I think the light effects will look perfect.

Linda

Pat said...

Both projects look great. I think the colors will work out well:o)

Pat said...

Both projects look great. I think the colors will work out well:o)

Vicky L said...

The igloo is coming out adorable! Your 12 Days of Santa looks great.

Preeti said...

Great progress, Debbie!! I can identify the sparkling effect and it will be more visible once the complete picture is done.

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on both of your pieces.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching, great progress on both pieces.

Annette-California said...

Your almost done with Igloo. I love seeing your progress and I look for what items are new. I need to outline mine or backstitch. Great progress on Santa's too:)
love Annette

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Your stitching is coming along great. Love your pieces.

cucki said...

Very sweet projects x

Mary-Grace said...

I love to watch your progress.

Giovanna said...

Nice going on both projects - they're both adorable.

Kaisievic said...

The Santas are looking great!

Stitching Noni said...

Cut Thru looks fantastic. Such a lovely design :)
Your Santa's look great too - so good to see them out and about again :)

Saxo Stamper said...

Gosh the cut thru is looking amazing, love your santos too

K x

Susan said...

Great progress. Love the 12 Days Santas - I am a sucker for patterns of this song and I don't know why as I usually mix it up terribly!

Lija Broka said...

I like the Santas. You have plenty of time until Christmas. And well done on the igloo progress.