Monday, May 19, 2014

May WIPocalypse and SAL updates

The full moon was last week and the WIPocalypse topic this time is:  "What designs or themes do you really wish you could find?  What do you think is missing among stitching designs?"  I think it would be great if there were more designs based on movies, TV shows, actors, actresses, singers and bands; not just a computer generated chart that's a copy of a photo, but an actual design!

Be sure to see the list of other bloggers with WIPocalypse updates this month on Measi's blog, too!

Since the last WIPocalypse update, I have had three more finishes, but two of them were new starts so my WIPocalypse page isn't getting smaller yet.  I finished Happy Easter, "O" is for Owl, and Winter Witch, which were all small designs.

I started the 6th day of Santa's 12 Days of Christmas by stitching a goose!
Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Day 6) update #1
Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Day 6) update #1
The scarecrow girl on Fall Welcome has a face now!  I really enjoy backstitching!
Fall Welcome update #11
Fall Welcome update #11
I started stitching the red and white pole and mailbox on the Cut Thru' North Pole House.  I want to get to the bottom of the design so I can start stitching the pretty water!
Cut Thru' North Pole House update #10
Since the last WIPocalypse update, I finished Alice's jacket, her hair, and started stitching the background on Alice from Resident Evil.
Alice from Resident Evil update #5
I also made some progress on the Very Scary Mystery Sampler by stitching the green vines and the blue row on the bottom.  After the acorns and rest of the border are stitched, part 1 will be finished!
Very Scary update #11
I'm really looking forward to a stay-cation next week so I can stay home and stitch! I'm not going to tell my friends and family that I'm on vacation, either!  HA!

16 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Stunning stitching. Great work on everything Debbie. Sounds like you have a fab week ahead to look forward to. Soooo jealous :D

blue star stitcher said...

The back stitching makes all the difference, love how Fall Welcome is turning out. I have the LK mystery sampler in my WIP pile too, can't resist the Halloween designs.

Mary Ann said...

Lots of wonderful stitching progress!

KimM said...

Love them all - the scare crow made me smile ;)
xx

Rachael said...

Looking great - love the Christmas piece.

Annie said...

Wonderful progress on all! I love the scarecrow's face:)

Shelly said...

Everything's looking great! Just saw your framed items on the last post, and they look great too. I look for frames at 2nd hand stores. Last thing I had framed, I had the frame and they charged me for the museum glass and labor. Enjoy your stay-cation!

Linda said...

What a great stitching month you had Debbie. Wonderful progress on all your projects. I love the Santa's being done on one piece of fabric. Your doing a great job on Very Scary. Don't give up.

Linda

Jan said...

Wow what a great month of stitching Debbie. Congrats on all the finishes and progress stitching.

Katie said...

Lots of great progress. Enjoy your staycation. I need one of those now haha.

Pat said...

Enjoy your staycation! Great progress!

zenuwpees said...

Belle avancé pour toutes les broderies felicitation bonne journée Marie-Claire

Anonymous said...

Your Santa's 12 days just made me go out and buy them :)

Julie said...

Lots of great progress this time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like your idea of more film related stitching. The problem is licensing. You can't produce a commercial product related to a film or famous person without a license and their consent.
Even the people who do the little cartoon characters get into trouble and some have had their websites closed down.

The same goes for the computer generated charts, they rarely have licenses but take their chances on not being caught. You can bet that Mila won't be getting a penny from the artwork used by MyPhotoStitch and neither will the original photographer. Mila would probably be very flattered that someone would take the time to stitch a picture of her though!

Love your Very Scary sampler too.

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...
This comment has been removed by the author.