Friday, January 3, 2014

Crazy January start #2 and January TUSAL

I emptied out my ORT jar and filled another glass ornament for 2013!  Join the Totally Useless Stitch-Along (TUSAL) and share a picture of your ORTs every month. Leave a link to your blog post on Daffycat's blog, too!
TUSAL 2014 #1
Day #2 of the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge is Count Your Blessings by Bobbie G. Designs.  I hope to have this cornucopia done by Thanksgiving this year!  It is stitched on 14 ct black Aida and will be 6" x 5".
Count Your Blessings
Since I'm pairing up each new start with one of my WIPs, this time I chose another one from Bobbie G. Designs.  I started Basket of Fruit last January and never touched it again.  Today I stitched more of the leaves.  It is on 14 ct ivory Aida and will be 13" x 10".
Basket of Fruit update #1
Bobbie G. Designs is one of the few cross stitch booths at the Quilt & Craft Show that comes to the Los Angeles Fairgrounds twice a year.  I bought both of these kits there.

14 comments:

Brigitte said...

Great idea to collect your orts in these baubles. And a nice new start for your Crazy Challenge.

Annette-California said...

WooHoo You are so in the pretty new starts zone -LOL. Great ort baubles. So cool to see your past 3 years.
love Annette

Emma/Itzy said...

Great projects! Your Tusal baubles look great, I need to find some so I can do the same, mine are just sat in plastic bags!

Mii Stitch said...

Have fun with these two! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the black one, my favourite :)

AnaCristina said...

Great idea!!!!

Pat said...

Great new starts so far and love the idea of the baubles for your orts.

Pat said...

Great new starts so far and love the idea of the baubles for your orts.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Love your Bobbie G pieces. Fall is one of my favorite seasons.
I added my first Bobbie G pattern "These Boots Are Made for Walkin". Being from Texas I fell in love with the pattern.
Good start for 2014 Debbie.

Katie said...

Love the ort-naments. Great new start and continue.

Linda said...

Pretty new start Debbie. Love the ort ornaments. I did that with my orts this year.

Linda

Susan said...

I do the same thing with my ORTS. Somehow all the colors work together in them. Great new start and like the way you're pairing up the start with a WIP.

Justine said...

I like the way you are pairing these projects up - it's almost like having 62 new starts instead of 31! Good progress on both of these pieces.

Kate said...

Love your ort ornaments.
Nice start on your wips. The one on the black fabric will look good finished.

Shebafudge said...

Oh look at those baubles! They are great!