Sunday, August 28, 2011

OK, I bought my first HAED!



Flaming June by Frederick Leighton

OK, I finally did it!  After thinking about this for months, I took the jump before the HAED 30% off sale ends.  I also went ahead and ordered the large print version to be mailed to me.  I'm just going all out!  It's nice that they provide the floss list so you can stock up before getting the pattern.  It will be 12"x14" on 25ct fabric, or 13.6"x16" on 22ct, or 16.6"x19.5" on 18ct.  That seems pretty big.  I will have to look at an actual piece of 25ct or 22ct fabric.  Maybe it's not so bad.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Deb. I did the same thing bought my first HAED also. Now I keep thinking what am I getting myself into.

Linda said...

Hi Debbie, You're braver than me. I bought 6 charts several years ago and didn't know what I was getting into. I can only stitch on 14 ct and they would be ginormus, so I will probably never stitch them. Good luck with yours. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Linda

mdgtjulie said...

You're both getting into something wonderful and amazing and difficult and beautiful!! HAEDs are amazing looking. They can be difficult with so many shades of the same color, and with all the confetti they have, but they are sooooooo worth it. Just look at the HAED gallery to see how gorgeous their pieces look!!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I'm glad you decided to get the HAED. As you get into the confetti, it may see a bit overwhelming at first, but then you step back and look in amazement at what you've done. I love working on linen and Jobelan, so I had no problem with the 25ct. Theresa

SoCal Debbie said...

My last project was on 28ct linen, stitched over 2. So I suppose I could see the holes on 25 or 22 ct just fine. I'm excited to start!

Claudette497 said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope you enjoy this! Conratulations on taking the plunge!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely choice. But be warned - I now own 7 designs. I will be 112 before I finish them all! lol!
I am doing mine on 32 count linen over two. I just think that over 1 will be too fiddly to stitch. Good luck with it.

cheers, Kaye xoxox

Anonymous said...

Wow this is nice, looks like a ton of colors!