My stitching buddy, Linda, from Stitchin with my Furbabies, just gave me a Liebster Blog award! Be sure to check out her blog, since she is planning to have 100 new starts this year!
Here are all the details about the Liebster Blog award:
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
I am giving the Liebster Blog award to these great bloggers:
1. Adrienne from TryllaCraft (Be sure to check out her Crazy January Challenge page!)
2. Caitlin (Mangogirl) from Naughts and Cross Stitches (She started a beautiful Jardin Prive sampler!)
3. Katie from Jeremiah's Mom (Her Happy Holidays WIP is adorable!)
4. Margaret from Artsy-fartsy. A little bit gutsy... and everything in between (I love the way she writes in her blog!)
5. Shaunterria from Ca11i0pes Reviews and Stitching News (She stitches beautiful gifts for her family!)
Five random facts about me:
1. My favorite class in school was Calculus, and I always wanted to work for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and design spacecraft! I have visited JPL three times and saw the Cassini spacecraft before they sent it to Saturn and the Mars rover before it went to Mars.
2. I am addicted to competition TV shows, where someone gets eliminated each week. I watch American Idol, X-Factor, The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, HGTV Design Star, Top Design, Food Network Star, Top Chef, and Face Off (special effects makeup). I have also watched a show for over-40 models, a hairstylist competition, and a dog grooming show!
3. I never saw leaves change color in the autumn or snow fall in the winter until I was 25 when I moved to Tennessee. I lived in TN and AR for 6 years, then came back to Sunny Southern California!
4. I have visited Europe twice with my daughter, France and Italy. Then I sent her on a 30-day vacation to 10 countries in Europe after she graduated from college.
5. I have worked from home as a medical transcriptionist for over 20 years and am very happy to wear pajamas and slippers to work! I can also cross stitch on company time if there is nothing for me to type!