Thursday, July 21, 2011
Organizing my floss stash!
I finally put all my DMC floss in numerical order in individual Ziploc baggies in a nice wooden box. It was all thrown into a plastic bag before tonight! I also printed a list of DMC colors and marked off the ones that I have. But what took me the longest time was converting all my off-brand floss to DMC numbers. I had a big gallon-size Ziploc bag full of old floss from Bucilla, Lily, Brilliante D'Alger, Royal Moulon, Peri-Lusta, American Thread, and JP Coats. It was certainly an adventure searching for floss conversions and making a lot of guesses. I'm looking forward to using these oddball colors in small projects where it doesn't really matter if the color is perfect. Most of the cross stitch I do is in kits, and I've just started to use charts and my own floss. Now I feel so organized and relieved to have that out of the way, even though I missed a whole day of stitching today!