Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August WIPocalypse and SAL updates

It's a full moon and time for the WIPocalypse update!  The topic this time is: "Tell us about your oldest and newest WIPs."

My newest WIP is Wedding Tango, a Riolis kit, which will be a gift for my daughter's friend's wedding in September.  I've known her at least 10 years.  The color of the shoes and bouquet will be changed to match the bride's colors.  I'm also stitching it on 28 ct white linen instead of the 14 ct white Aida in the kit, and I will add their names and date at the bottom.
Wedding Tango
Wedding Tango
Since I recently finished my oldest WIP (Stained Glass Nativity, started in 1980), my oldest WIP now is Universal Unity by Dimensions Gold Collection.  I started this one in 1998 and was making great progress on it for a few months, then it got put away and never touched again until 2012.  Now I have cross stitch friends all over the internet encouraging me to keep stitching until this one is finished!  I post an update on this one in the YOTA SAL on the first Saturday each month.  Here is the pic from the last post, when I started stitching the zebra stripes.
Universal Unity update #19
Since the last WIPocalypse update, I have had 3 more finishes, but the list of WIPs on my WIPocalypse page is still at 90.  I finished Stained Glass Nativity, Mary Mouse, and Boo!

On my Saturday SAL with Linda and Kaye, I stitched 5 rows of the basket on Fall Welcome.
Fall Welcome update #13
On my Sunday SAL with Linda and Kaye, I finished the 6th day of Santa's 12 Days of Christmas!  Now the whole project is officially halfway done!  We have more members in our Prairie Schooler Santa's 12 Days of Christmas Sunday SAL Facebook group, too!
Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Day 6) FINISHED!
Santa's 12 Days of Christmas (Days 1-6)
"Santa's 12 Days of Christmas" (Day 6)
Book No. 126
Designed by Pamela Byrd Smith
The Prairie Schooler
28 ct mushroom evenweave
Started 5/4/2014, Finished 8/11/2014

In the Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Monday SAL, I reached the bottom left corner of Cut Thru' North Pole House and stitched some water.  I'm looking forward to using the variegated floss in the water, which is the same color floss that I used for the water in Cut Thru' Igloo.
Cut Thru' North Pole House udpate #12
Be sure to check Measi's blog for a list of other bloggers with WIPocalypse updates this month!

19 comments:

Jacqueline Morris said...

Wonderful stitching, its great popping back and seeing your progress :)
Smiles :)

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing Santa Debbie. Love the blue water on NPH. Nice start on Wedding Tango. Of course, my favorite is still UU.

Linda

sharine said...

You have such a great variety of wips. Love them all:)

Justine said...

How exciting to finish your oldest WIP! UK will have to become my new favourite now Nativity is done. You've stitched lots on NPH too!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful Santa - Congrats finishing him!!! Lovely start on Tango:) You made great progress on all your wips. love Annette

Susie said...

I think the north pole cut thru is my favourite. Can't wait to see this finished.

cucki said...

Beautiful projects
Sweet hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Great projects, I like your newest one too :)

Julie said...

Great progress, a super wedding gift to treasure.

The tigers eyes seem to be looking quite determined and saying 'Come on Debbie, get us finished' lol

Happy stitching!

Pull the other thread said...

Lots of fantastic progress and so lovely projects. Congrats on all your finishes.

Katie said...

Always look forward to your updates cause I get to see so much beautiful stitching. You didn't let me down this time either. Great job!

Annie said...

Another wonderful progress post! Everything's looking great, and congrats on finishing Santa:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your finish! love the PS days of Christmas

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh the wedding gift stitching will be so special and lovely. :)

I love anything Prairie Schooler, and all of yours are awesome!

Keep up the great stitching. Wishing you a most lovely day sweet friend. :)

Shebafudge said...

I so look forward to your updates Debbie. All your stitching looks wonderful, but you know my favourite is Universal Unity! The wedding design is lovely too, I haven't seen that before.

Unknown said...

Lovely stitchings! You've so many works on your list. I can't imagine me having so many papers to write. Working for www.term-paper-research.com, I used to have only 2 at a time, not more.
All the best,
Susan

thanida said...

I really enjoy the interesting stories from your community,Keep up the good, honest, and profitable work!
ร่ม
โรงงานร่ม
ร่มพับ
ร่มไม้เท้า
ขายร่มราคาถูก

MEGAGAME said...


บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ปี 2022 เกมให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 1,000 เกมซุปเปอร์สล็อต678 สล็อตออนไลน์ ซุปเปอร์สล็อต ซุปเปอร์สล็อต78

asuuu said...

link slot terpercaya
live slot
new slot
pasang slot
situ slot terpercaya