Sunday, December 30, 2012

WIPocalypse finale for 2012 and 2 little finishes!

Hurray! The apocalypse didn't happen after all, so I still have time to finish all my WIPs, eventually.  I started 2012 with 6 WIPs/UFOs from 2011 or earlier (way back to 1980).  Then I had a new start each day in January (31) and February (29).  During the year, I had 15 more starts, for a total of 75 new starts in 2012!  I had 34 cross stitch finishes and made one pine needle basket. Out of my 35 finishes in 2012, 17 were gifts, 4 were made for quilts for World of Charity Stitching, and 14 were for me.  Now I'm starting off 2013 with 49 WIPs (see them all on my WIPocalypse page).

My last two finishes are ornaments for my brother and nephew.  This is Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen from the Cars movie.
Tow Mater & Lightning McQueen
"Tow Mater"
Disney kit by Janlynn
Started 12/26/2012, Finished 12/28/2012

"Lightning McQueen"
Disney kit by Janlynn
Started 12/29/2012, Finished 12/30/2012

Be sure to add a link to your final WIPocalypse 2012 blog post to Measi's blog, too!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Two more great finishes Debbie. I love Tow Mater.

Linda

Lesleyanne said...

Two great finishes.

Monique said...

Your total of starts is amazing but your total of finishes is equally as amazing.

sharine said...

Very cute finishes. Happy New Year!

Katie said...

It was great getting to know you this year.

Love your finishes!

Claudette497 said...

Yay for finishes! I'm happy dancing with you!

lesli said...

Happy New Year, Debbie!!
Those are adorable finishes :)

Unknown said...

Two great finishes and you got lots of finishes in this year and really made great progress when you consider how many you started..it was such fun watching you and Linda starting them all and can't wait for next year to keep up with both of you. I'm off to read now your projects for the turtle trot, I've 12 picked with one more to add to it as I was naughty and have one started from the list and will be near finished lol. Wishing you a very happy new year!

Teresa S. said...

75 starts in 2012--you are one brave lady!

But that said, you have completed an amazing amount of work in just one year.
I'll be watching in 2013 with interest-Happy New Year!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

two cute finishes :D