Arrrgh! This supposedly simple bookmark has been such a challenge! I started it in February and finally got back to it now, since I'm sending several bookmarks to my friend's nieces as back-to-school gifts. This free chart is from Lady Kell of Kincavel.
I seemed to have a good start the first day:
Then I was happily stitching away (and watching TV at the same time) and somehow missed an entire letter! Oops! My daughter thought it was so funny that she told me to take a picture before I fixed it.
Then I was making great progress on the flower border, but noticed that I was one stitch too low, so I carefully ripped out 20 stitches to fix the problem (circled in pink).
I re-stitched that part, one stitch higher (circled in pink), but THEN I noticed that I had left a space, one stitch over to the right (circled in green). Bummer!
So I ripped out all those stitches back to that point, and not so carefully this time! See all my shreds of floss in the glass star shaped ORT dish.
Hands Off My Book - update #1
I hope that frog is done with me now and finds his way to someone else instead! Wish me luck to get this bookmark finished without any more rip-rip-ripping!