Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day #2 - Lamplight Bridge

I thought this project would be pretty simple with just some French knots for embellishment on a printed background.  Boy, was I wrong!  I opened the kit today and spent a long time sorting the floss and looking at the 5-page chart!  Almost the entire picture is covered with cross stitches, half stitches, French knots, blended stitches, back-stitching, and outlines!  I was going to give this one to a friend who likes Thomas Kinkade art, but if I ever finish this BAP, it's going over my fireplace for sure!  It will be 16" x 12". 

8 comments:

gracie said...

You are brave! I checked out one of Kinkade's kits once..once..and i knew I did not have the patience. Looking forwar to following this one....it is a very pretty scene.

Shelley said...

I'm not a huge TK fan but this piece is lovely. Big? Wowza Yes It Is!! I too started a multi page, 6, piece this year. We should cheer each other on during the year:)

Shelley said...

I'm not a huge TK fan but this piece is lovely. Big? Wowza Yes It Is!! I too started a multi page, 6, piece this year. We should cheer each other on during the year:)

Unknown said...

I would really be intimidated by a piece this large. I have one project that is 6 pages but not a solid picture like this! I really look forward to seeing the progress on this!

Blu Stitcher said...

I love this picture. I'm not good at the half stitches, I can get by with a few, but not a whole lot. I can't wait to see the pics through out the year.

Maajo said...

Good luck with this! I look forward to seeing the progress on this

Stitching Noni said...

Wow, love Thomas Kinkade designs. I look forward to seeing your progress on this on

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is going to be gorgeous!!